Reading fiction is a major part of my self-care practice and daily routine, it always leaves me feeling relaxed, inspired & creative.
In 2018 I set my own reading challenge with Goodreads to finish 12 books in 12 months (reading or listening).
As a gentle reminder to make more space for reading in my day-to-day life.
The books I ended up reading in 2018 were: (15/12)
- The Plague by Albert Camus, 1947
- The Collector by John Fowles, 1963
- I’ll Take You There by Joyce Carol Oates, 2002
- The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham, 1957
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss, 2016
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a f*ck by Mark Manson, 2016
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, 1925
- Fear by Osho, 2007
- Our Man in Havanna by Graham Greene, 1958
- The Muse by Jessie Burton, 2016
- Nineteen Eighty-Four (1984) by George Orwell, 1949
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (2010 ed.), 1813
- Evening Class by Maeve Binchy, 1998
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman, 2009
- Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf, 1925
Some of these books were great and some…not so much. I will review my favourites and share with you at a later stage.
Since I beat my previous challenge and absolutely fell (back) in love with reading, I’m aiming higher for 2019 and set my goal at 36 books.
The books I’ve read so far in 2019: (11/36)
- Swimming to Elba by Silvia Avallone, 2010
- Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty, 2018
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote, 1958
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi, 2016
- The Girls by Emma Cline, 2016
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, 2011
- Becoming by Michelle Obama, 2018
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin, 2018
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, 2017
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, 1962
- The Island by Aldous Huxley, 1962
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, 1996
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, 1878 (currently reading)
Find my full ‘To Read’ list on Goodreads and please let me know if you have any further recommendations! <3